We have an exciting opportunity to recruit Senior Engineers x 2 for our client.
Location: Site Based – Hampshire
Requirements for the role:
• Undertaking the responsibilities of NEC4 Project Manager for Generation 4 works packages
(project value up to £150m)
• Supervising works on the ground, ensuring compliance with the contract specification and safe
working practice in accord with H&S and CDM Regulations.
• Issuing verbal and written instructions to Contractors and making instant decisions which can
directly affect costs & safety.
• Identifying and managing of risks on-site to ensure safe passage of public and workforce
through site areas, often in congested urban localities.
• Producing detailed progress records for retention in accord with organisational procedures.
• Managing Contractors and Project staff to ensure construction in compliance with the contract.
• Effective negotiation with Contractors to promptly finalise outstanding works and costs.
• Representing HCC at public meetings prior to and during the project.
• Directing discussion and communication with public, business representatives, consultants and
Councillors to ensure their understanding of the concept and problems related to projects.
• Undertake basic design alterations to overcome unforeseen conditions arising on site.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
• Preferably an Incorporated Engineer with the ICE, IstructE or other relevant bodies.
• Experience in the role NEC4 project manager, Supervisor or equivalent.
• Experience in the management of construction of civil engineering projects.
• Knowledge in the financial management of construction projects.
• Knowledge of NEC4 contracts, specifications and methods of measurement.
Additional Requirements for the role:
The candidates must hold a full drivers licence
Starting date for the position is January 2021 and March 2021
The intended duration is 6 months with possible extension
IR35 Status will be determined once a suitable candidate has been selected.
The closing date for this request is 19/11/2020
If you are interested please upload or email your CV to email@example.com or call 07448 155 730. Permanent and contractor applicants accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer.