Senior Client Project Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Client Project Manager to work for our client in Winchester.
The Role Summary:
- As part of this role, the candidate should expect to carry out work within the following areas:
- Client managing projects or programmes of works throughout the design and implementation stages.
- Ensuring timescales, budgets and specification are adhered to
- Ensuring that team leaders, senior managers and other relevant parties are kept up to date and briefed on progress.
- Consulting with Councillors, stakeholders, and members of the public over the development of transportation schemes to ensure all views and options are considered.
- Preparing reports and project appraisals to Executive Members, as appropriate.
- Identifying, collecting and monitoring project resources, progress and financial information.
- Evaluating and monitoring engineering concepts / solutions to ensure the scheme objectives are achieved to current design and safety standards and within current national, departmental, environmental and political standards.
- Prioritise assigned LTP projects. Appoint and manage consulting engineers to carry out engineering designs to meet County Council and Government targets and objectives.
- NVQ level 4 or Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
- Post qualification experience in a relevant field.
- Good project management skills and experience within Highways and Transportation.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge base on transportation and planning topics and policy generally.
- Good understanding of highway and traffic engineering standards and best practice.
Additional Requirements for the role:
Project lead for the Transforming Cities Fund programme on the Southampton side. We are specifically looking for a project lead on the cycling and public transport /ITS front. This persons will oversee the individual schemes across the board and be a essential member of the team to ensure good collaborative working and fulfilling the objectives of the overall TCF programme on a corridor and mode basis.
Starting date: Mid October 2020
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
IR35 Status will be determined once a suitable candidate has been selected.
Closing date: 12/10/2020
If you are interested please upload or email your CV to email@example.com or call 07448 155 730. Permanent and contractor applicants accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer.